Diablo Immortal's gameplay fundamentals are in essence, the same like the gameplay you'd found in the Diablo IV Gold first three Diablo games. Since Diablo is a mobile game first and foremost, actions appear less precise, character building seems a little less detailed, and there's a general feeling that the game grants you an abundance of freedom to adjust to the touch controls. This isn't an issue, though, as the difficulty still ramps up in time.

In typical Diablo fashion it's also possible to collect loot as you go that's a lot of it. The majority of the enemies you fight will drop some sort of magic piece of armor or weapon you'll be changing gears to increase your strength as you go. Everything you don't use can be salvaged as well, which is an aspect of Diablo Immortal's most impressive features. Instead of selling off equipment that isn't needed you can recycle it to make parts, and make use of those parts to power the equipment you wish to keep. This provides you with a steady sense of progression, and also lets you develop long-term character strategies around strong pieces of equipment.

There's nothing to complain about the gameplay, which is instantaneous in Diablo Immortal. Fighting the demonic hordes can be satisfying. There's plenty of diversity in character classes, abilities and potential builds. There's a lot of interesting items to hunt for. Structurally, though, the game isn't without its flaws.

Diablo Immortal doesn't cost anything to play, although after the first few hours, I was wanting it to. I would have much rather paid a single, flat fee to play at my own speed and not being continuously bombarded with (surprisingly expensive) microtransactions in every single turn. Diablo Immortal is by no by any means as good as free-to play games get, but every single F2P mechanism is actually detrimental to the game, rather than improve it.

The first is that there's no need to pay for Diablo Immortal's game if you're not interested in it. You'll still be able experience the full story and find lots of loot, and cheap Diablo 4 Gold engage in all the activities. And for the first 20-30 levels of character, you may not even be aware of the things you're missing.